Search

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Field Trip DAY 4 --Exist G2iX

EXIST (G2iX) 

           On day 4, we went to Ortegas for a Company Visit at EXIST. A software innovation factory that helps companies meet the demands of the current economy and achieve their goals.
What I learned?
                In Exist I just did not learned about the technical parts of the company, I was also motivated by them to continue my studies. They were all inspiring, young girls living the life and working their passion into reality. As far as I can remember, this Company was once visited our school and offered their programs to us. This company was really I great help for starters; they did not just offer work for young developers, at the same time they also provides a training ground for all.
The session was started by one of their staff…a woman. She opened the discussion by answering questions. The first five persons that will ask were given a token – I am one of them. The common questions ask was about the company—why they exist and what are they in the economy. She answered all the questions unfavorably and then after she introduced us to her colleague, the second speaker. She talked about her humbly beginnings at the Company and her experiences being a young developer. She first told us her story laying foremost importance on the character and personality building alongside professionalism. Her point of never ending struggle, consistent hard work and striving to make a difference was very well exhibited. It was such a powerful and convincing call inviting us not to be defeated in any trouble we were to experience soon as we continue in our field. The interactive session was loved by us and a huge gesture of applause was given to the respectable speaker whose wisdom and convincing power was above board.
What I liked?
                 I liked the fact that the speakers were all girls. Girl power indeed! I also like the way they treated us, we could see on their faces how grateful they were to see a lot of girls now engaging to Technology since as we all aware of, most of the technical past in this world belong to boys.
What I didn’t like?
                I can’t think of a single thing that I can comment negatively to them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comments...