Search

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Field Trip DAY 3 --PLDTand TTI!

PLDT (Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company)

 On the third day of the tour, we went to PLDT , the leading telecommunications provider in the Philippines. Through its three principal business groups - fixed line, wireless, and information and communication technology - PLDT offers the largest and most diversified range of telecommunications services across the Philippines’ most extensive fiber optic backbone and fixed line, cellular and satellite networks.

What I learned?
                Our tour in PLDT was like on SSS in the sense that we stayed their for a long time without having us first introduce ti the IT related or IT division of the company. At first we are just discussing the History of  Company, of how they endured the happenings in the country bringing back the history of the Philippines including the wars that at a time made the downfall of the company.
                It was about 2 hours of waiting, listening to the busy tour guide before we reach the destination we must already be when the tour started. We went on the fifth floor I guess to have our lecture, it was very exhausting and super tiring but since it was a once in a lifetime tour, I forced myself to be energized. 
                A prominent person I guess conducted the presentation. The discussion was also interactive and wakening since he made quizzes right after every topic. He first explained to us how their company work, how they provide fast and secure services (voice or non-voice). He also explained the type of network they are using and the clustering of their centers around the Philippines. However, Some of the contents of his presentation were already discussed in school like the OSI model, Networking, IP addressing etc so we didn’t tackled much about them anymore.
What I liked?
                I liked the visit in PLDT because of one reason; they never let us use stairs instead their elevators! But aside from that of course I also like the tour accompanied by the one of their employers. She’s so nice that she let use sit on the board of Directors room and experience how to be like a prominent person.
What I didn’t like?
                What  I didn’t like in PLDT was their accommodation. I expect a lot from them after all the requirements they asked us but they did not met my expectations so I was a bit disappointed.

TTI (Telecom  training Institute)

The most unforgettable company we visited was the Telecom  training Institute in Valenzuela, all I can remember from this Company was the warm greetings of the environment itself =)!
What I learned?
                Among the Company sites we visited, TTi was really a very Technical Company. I could not see any markings of aircon from their place, however, honestly aside from EXIST, this Company was one of my bet also with regards with the aspect of accommodation and lecture.  Even though they can’t offer us a cool and good room to stay during the lecture, they never let us down. They discuss everything hands-on!  They actually let us see how to connect or remove a jacket of a wire using their super expensive stapler-like tool. They showed us how a packet or signals moved through the wires of a telephone or something. Regrettably, I missed some important points in their discussion since their place was too small to accommodate us all even we already divided ourselves into small groups.
What I liked?
           
      What I like about the visit was the company itself. I think they provide good training to their students as what I did observed during the discussions. And also, I like the way they lectured us.  I could say that they were knowledgeable and they were very accommodating as well.
What I didn’t like?
                As what I have said, one thing that only lacks from the visit was air-conditioner, aside from that, no more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comments...