Search

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Would you take the same career path that Steve Jobs took? Why or why not?

          We recognized Steve Jobs as a great technopreneur. No question on that. SJ's inevitable skills in the field of technology made him one of the wealth icons. His name becomes synonymous with money. BIG money, that is. Steve Job's is such an inspiration especially for the youth craving for knowledge. Just having thoughts that he started his career at very young age and become successful bring me to reality that I must also begin the steps towards my future. Steve Jobs is just another awesome creature. He is an incredible human being created by God to transform the people’s lifestyle.
It’s just amazing to know that the wonders of technology came only from enormous ideas of a young man who tried taking his passion into action. His remarkable breakthrough in the field of technology brought hope and opportunity for all people. Just try to imagine having no personal computers nowadays, think of it. Isn’t that boring? Computers takes a bulky part in our daily life at this modern times since everything seems to be moving because of  it. I’m not a worshipper of Steve Jobs neither I am to other famous icons, I’m just one of his fans.

Well, you might guess that my answer in the question up there would be ‘yes’…well, yes! You are wrong!.. ‘EN-OW’! its no. though I truly admire Steve Jobs for his unusual view of the future, it didn't convinced to take the same career path as he took. The reason? He simply didn't fit to my “standards” of taking a career (we all have different standards anyways). His determination to stand out among his opponents was extremely awe-inspiring, however when he came to an extent of breaking the rules of nature, now it is a ‘no...no…’.

           Steve is known for his horrific behavior and personality. He was  described by his employees as demanding, erratic, terrible etc. and these were the  reasons why he was fired from Apple. But because of his undying passion, he was welcomed back to Apple.

Based from the film, Steve Jobs showed a lot of non-flattering behaviors. He’s an abusive employer, a drug user and a family wrecker. I have no idea why he acted like that. Actually, while I’m watching the film, I tried to find something that can be the reason of his devastating character but I found nothing. Maybe it’s a nature to change especially when there are a lot of pressures around you.

One more thing why I’m just not into following Steve’s path was because of his management style. His approached about anything and everything seems so unpredictable. He just fired his employees with no reason. He loved seeing his employees competing, and consent them even if  it would eventually lead to disagreements.

And above all why I choose not to follow his career path ‘cause I have my own way of making myself successful. I may not be passionate about making big things and marketing big products, but  I believed I have the factors to be successful in my field through my own ways. We can never tell. 

2 comments:

As Steve Jobs put it, many people can say he is a shit and he could say the same way to them. Have you invented and contributed anything to the world yet? People who have contributed something tangible and changed history earn the respect of human race. It is very easy to criticize, everyone can do that. Try writing with sense and don't use Steve Jobs. You're a poor loser.

i'm not really into writing. but thanks for reading anyways..
this article was written to answer an assignment.. evrything was from my personal point of view only, if i caused pain on your whatever, well that's not my problem..

Post a Comment

Write your comments...