Search

Sunday, July 25, 2010

How do you see yourself as a technopreneur?

                  Seeing myself as a technopreneur? Actually, I don’t know if there’s a reduction in the focusing power of my eye that I can’t clearly see myself as being one! Just kidding! Envisaging my self as a technopreneur seems to be flattering. To be frank, computing is not really my field, but since I kept on encountering it, somehow my heart was forced to love it! Clap! Clap! Actually, to be honest with you and to myself, my future is still a blur to me. I don’t know yet what I would become in the future or where in the world I’m going to set myself in. if only I am as fortunate as Steve jobs who discovered his passion at early stage of his life probably I won’t buffer this much. If I’m a computer right now—I’m most likely hanging!
Perhaps any IT student like me if ask by this question, it would create a span of time thinking the possibility of being one. Well, of course there’s a great possibility since this will be our future. Yes this will be. Doubtless,the reason why it made me think seriously answering this question for my mind is already set on Steve Jobs and Bill Gates examples. They are revolutionaries, and to be one would be amazing and at the same time edgy. I can’t imagine myself to be like them-- geniuses who were full of determination, persistence, visions and enthusiasm.
Going back to the question, visualizing myself as a technopreneur, a newbie technopreneur gives me a lot of exciting and unknown frontiers. It makes me feel I’m taking an exam—I don’t know what the answers are and how to answer. I have no idea where to start and how to. I’m still thinking of something that I could offer into the community that somehow would represent me and my passion.
In point of fact , I only viewed myself simply a student, going to school every weekdays, learning what the four corners can teach me. Pity me, for since my first year being an IT student I’m just looking forward to be employed. I never thought of setting up my own business, I’d rather go abroad and find opportunities there but now I realized there is a lot of opportunities here I’m just too blind to see it. Thanks a lot for the movie “Pirates of the Silicon Valley”, it made me realized Information technology doesn’t end after I graduate nor it has an ending. Information technology has no limitations. The thing that makes it limited is the ideas of the people. We could actually extend the limitations through innovating. And that’s the essence of being a technopreneur.
Reading the definitions on the net, made me conclude that it is not easy to become a technopreneur. A lot of things needed to be acquired, becoming a skilled and effective designer, researcher and a developer. It’s also important to have a good management style. According to a website http://associatedcontent.com/article/369728/what is tecnopreneur.html?/cat=3,”a tecnopreneur is an entrepreneur who is technology SAVVY, CREATIVE, INNOVATIVE, DYNAMIC, dares to be DIFFERENT and take the UNEXPLORED PATH, and very PASSIONATE about their work”(Emphasis mine). Hmmm.. in actuality it is complicated. Maybe sounds so impossible to posses these characteristics but we never can tell. In the near future, through God’s mercy, I will be able to acquire all of these! Furthermore during our class meeting in this subject (Technoprenuership) under Prof. Randy Gamboa presses on the magic word “Skills”. I believed soon I’ll be going to packed up that “skills”. But how exactly can I become a technopreneur?
Hmmmm… how exactly can I become a technoprenuer? I know that being a technopreneur requires expert organizing skills in order to keep on top of everything. And being in the business, it’s no surprise that on my way I’ll be hitting a number of bumps. So, I’m just going to prepare myself for them. Though I’m not that kind of business oriented person but one way or another I’m not closing myself to be productive in this industry. I’ll try to be innovative and creative of making my own simple things on my own simple world. I’ll try pouring out something great from something better and good. Despite the fact that technopreneurship is a difficult adventure since it takes a lot of assignment and planning to get a business up and running, I’m willing to take risks…CALCULATED risks as our Professor used to call it.
The brilliant thing of being a technoprenuer ,I can make myself my own boss and accordingly accept to accept all responsibilities for my business(that’s pretty scary though! It’s also a lesson for me to be mature!). Being employed by someone else offers a slew of advantages, and what worst, we are under instructions. We are being commanded on what we will do. At times we are being scolded and we can’t even defend ourselves from false claims that our employers might throw unto us. And getting paid for the hours you're on work. If you don't turn up one day then you won't get paid. When you're self-employed and you've set up your business properly you'll find that certain aspects of it run by themselves (and more importantly make money for you by themselves).Realizing this make me think again of establishing my own business. Not just I can earn a lot from it than just having a fix salary, it could also help my skills sharpen and of course I’m can be a productive citizen. I’m not just helping myself but also the other people around me. A number of people might disagree but it comes to realization that having a regular job is not always the best way of making money and supporting yourself. Although too risky, starting our own business would bring us so many advantage.
Since a growing number of technoprenuers are existing in every part of the world today, surely, engaging myself in this business will not be just an ‘ABC’. We are all aware of course that as the number of people engaging in the same field increases,the narrower the probability for us to excel in it right? However, technology offers us a wide variety of opportunities,no need to be alarm.. .yeah. so maybe I will just take everything slowly.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comments...